Monday, September 17, 2007

To give and be forgiven

Yes its Ramadan month, the month that we are supposed to give and to forgive.
To give but there is time that you do not know who is to be chosen, shall it be the neighbor further down the road who could not pay her rent and live without electricity for the last six months because of the husband who is totally useless or the single mother with six children’s who barely manage to scrap some food for her children but at least they have electricity and water. Or could it be the single lady who’s live by herself at a rented house, because the foster parent have decided that they did not need her anymore as all their children have grown up. Or shall it be the neighbor’s wife who always trying to borrow some money from you and others but do not bother to pay back. Or shall I just ignore their plight, no I know I should't but alas who........

To forgive but alas I am just a human being ,I have my reservation, I have my anxiety toward my fellows human being. Shall I forgive the relative who swindled away my money for the monthly car payment till the car was repossessed,yes I trusted him then because I was young and he's my close relative for crying out loud.. Do I forgive the neighbor who spread the word that one of my family member have Hepatitis "B" and thus the neighborhood should avoid us like a leper?. Shall I forgive them all .......

No comments: